Newbie Q about Turtle Gfx

Neil rubik_wizard at NO.SPAMhotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:16:41 EST 2009

Hello

Sorry if this is not an appropriate newsgroup for this problem. I am very
new to Python but not new to programming.

I am hoping to use Python to teach a class and have been looking at the
online book 'Snake Wrangling for Kids'.

I have followed the example

>>>import turtle
>>>t=turtle.pen()

which works fine and displays a turtle in a window.

However whenever I try to use something like

>>>t.forward(50)   (taken from the book)

i get the error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
    t.forward(50)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'forward'

I get the same error with t.left(10) etc. etc.

I have tried this with V2.6 and V3

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Neil