"Maximum recursion depth exceeded"...why?

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Feb 18 22:15:59 EST 2009

Thomas Allen <thomasmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 4:51 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 18, 7:34 pm, rdmur... at bitdance.com wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, but wget -r -k will do that bit of it, too.
> >
> > Wow, nice, I don't know why I never noticed that. Cheers!
>
> Hm...doesn't do that over here. I thought it may have been because of
> absolute links (not to site root), but it even leaves things like <a
> href="/">. Does it work for you guys?

It works for me.  The sample pages I just tested on it don't use
any href="/" links, but my 'href="/about.html"' got properly
converted to 'href="../about.html"'.  (On the other hand my '/contact.html'
got converted to a full external URL...but that's apparently because the
contact.html file doesn't actually exist :)

--RDM