Which Version of wxPython for Win XP

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 12:29:22 EST 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
> Eric_Dexter at msn.com wrote:
>> On Feb 19, 8:22 am, "W. eWatson" <notval... at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>> I'm going to try out wxPython 2.8.92 for py25. It seems like the ansi
>>> version is the choice for me. The other choice has unicode. Do I care?
>>> --
>>>                                 W. eWatson
>>>
>>>               (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
>>>                Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
>>>
>>>                      Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
>>

>> There is a good chance you don't care...  I think the other is for
>> internationalization...  best to look..  It would be easier to answer
>> the question if you said what you are going to do with it, and who
>> needed to use your software.  It's even possible that you might want
>> to try pygame depending on what you want to use it for and who the
>> audience is (and how good thier computers are)
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/simple/Dex%20Tracker/
> Thanks. I think I'll take the chance. Somewhat simple programming.
> Off I go to install it. It can always be un-installed.

Well, that was an interesting experience. It appears to have recompiled a
lot of stuff, and probably some libraries. IDLE is still with me as the way
to open py files. Apparently, if I want to get around IDLE, I may have to
install some other editor.

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>