code challenge: generate minimal expressions using only digits 1,2,3

Luke Dunn luke.dunn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:01:25 EST 2009

yes power towers are allowed

exponentiation, multiplication, division, addition and subtraction. Brackets
when necessary but length is sorted on number of digits not number of
operators plus digits.

I always try my homework myself first. in 38 years of life I've learned only
to do what i want, if I wanted everyone else to do my work for me I'd be a
management consultant !