To unicode or not to unicode

Ron Garret rNOSPAMon at flownet.com
Fri Feb 20 15:19:13 EST 2009

In article <499F0CF0.8070800 at v.loewis.de>,
 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> MRAB wrote:
> > Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> >> * Ron Garret (Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:57:13 -0800)
> >>
> >> No, it's not. I suggest you start your Unicode adventure by
> >> configuring your newsreader.
> >>
> > It looked like mu to me, but you're correct: it's "MICRO SIGN", not
> > "GREEK SMALL LETTER MU".
>
> I don't think that was the complaint. Instead, the complaint was
> that the OP's original message did not have a Content-type header,

I'm the OP.  I'm using MT-Newswatcher 3.5.1.  I thought I had it
configured properly, but I guess I didn't.  Under
Preferences->Languages->Send Messages with Encoding I had selected
latin-1.  I didn't know I also needed to have MIME turned on for that to
work.  I've turned it on now.  Is this better?

This should be a micro sign: µ

rg