Will multithreading make python less popular?

rushenaly at gmail.com rushenaly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:35:58 EST 2009

I want to correct my last post where i said that there is not any
intend to remove GIL from python. There is an intend actually i wish
from a wizard :).
On the pypy blog there is an explanation about gil and pypy
"Note that multithreading in PyPy is based on a global interpreter
lock, as in CPython. I imagine that we will get rid of the global
interpreter lock at some point in the future -- I can certainly see
how this might be done in PyPy, unlike in CPython -- but it will be a
lot of work nevertheless. Given our current priorities, it will
probably not occur soon unless someone steps in."
Nothing new about GIL and Cpython and even PyPy

Thank you...
Rushen

Thank you...