opening files with names in non-english characters.

venutaurus539 at gmail.com venutaurus539 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:51:36 EST 2009

Hi all,
          I am trying to find the attributes of afile whose name has
non english characters one like given below. When I try to run my
python scirpt, it fails giving out an error filename must be in string
or UNICODE. When i try to copy the name of the file as a strinig, it
(KOMODO IDE) is not allowing me to save the script saying that it
cannot convert some of the characters in the current encoding which is
Western European(CP-1252).

0010testUnicode_ėíîïðņōóôõöũøųúûüýþĸ !#$%&'()+,-.
0123456789;=@ABCD.txt.txt

            Hope some one could help me in this regard.

Thank you in advance,

Venu Madhav