Top posting

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Mon Feb 23 15:55:57 EST 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:29:42 +0100
Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that top posting on a message like this is not very convenient,

Not convenient for thousands, slightly convenient for you.

> but for simple messages ...

It is still better to follow the suggestions I posted.  Also see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style.

> >> I don't have to scroll (assuming that I know from previous readings the
> >> content of the previous message).
> >
> > But how do you know what part of the message is being replied to?
> >
> simple messages, 1 issue ?

So, "simple" messages one rule and others a different rule?  Who
decides what is simple and what isn't.  If two people put the line in
different places that would really mess up the flow of an exchange
between them.

> When I write a report, almost nobody is interested in all
> investigations, arguments,
> most are only interested in the conclusion and is therefor always on top.

You are talking about an abstract in a paper.  That is not the same as
a dialogue.  It's not even close.

> btw, it's also polite (in some cultures) to sign your messages ;-)

Hmm.  I appreciate that you took the time to remove my signature from
your reply but I don't think that you should then claim that I never
included one.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves