opening files with names in non-english characters.

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 24 03:39:17 EST 2009

En Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:29:07 -0200, venutaurus539 at gmail.com
<venutaurus539 at gmail.com> escribió:

>         First of all thanks for your response. I've written a function
> as shown below to recurse a directory and return a file based on the
> value of n. I am calling this fucntion from my main code to catch that
> filename. The folder which it recurses through contains a folder
> having files with unicode names (as an example i've given earlier.

> def findFile(dir_path):
>     for name in os.listdir(dir_path):
>         full_path = os.path.join(dir_path, name)
>         print full_path
>         if os.path.isdir(full_path):
>             findFile(full_path)

Here, you're simply discarding the result from the recursive call. Try
something like this:

              result = findFile(full_path)
              if result is not None:
                  return result

>         else:
>             n = n - 1
>             if(n ==0):
>                 return full_path

Now, what happens if you forget about findFile and try with a direct name
instead?

fpath =
r"E:\DataSet\Unicode\UnicodeFiles_8859\001_0006_test_folder\0003testUnicode_ÍÎIÐNOKÔÕÖ×ØUÚÛÜUUßaáâãäåæicéeëeíîidnokôõö÷øuúûüuu.txt.txt"
st = os.stat(path)
print st

--
Gabriel Genellina