"Byte" type?

Paddy O'Loughlin patrick.oloughlin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:41:30 EST 2009

2009/2/24 John Nagle <nagle at animats.com>:

>   Some of the people involved are on Google's payroll.

Uh, what does that have to do with anything?
It would only be relevant if you are saying that Google is paying them
to do the work (so not just "on their payroll").

More importantly, it's also only relevant if ALL the people
contributing are being paid by Google to do the work, which I'm pretty
sure is not the case.

There are people are spending lots of personal, unpaid and voluntary
time developing Python.

Paddy
--
"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!"