March 2, 2009 Pyowa Meeting

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:05:06 EST 2009

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that our next Pyowa (Python Users Group of
Iowa) meeting will be next Monday, March 2nd from 7-9 p.m. We will be
in our original location at the Marshall County Sheriff's Office, 2369
Jessup Ave, Marshalltown, IA. Remember, it's technically NOT in
Marshalltown at all. It's actually about 7 miles to the West of
Marshalltown. Keep an eye on our website (www.pyowa.org) for updates
and/or cancellations should the weather turn bad.

We are currently going to have a presentation featuring real-life
programs/scripts to give our members an idea of what Python is used
for on a day-to-day basis. We'll probably open it up to the audience
to see if they have anything to add. We are also hoping to have a
presentation on some basic GIS scripts, but this is rather tentative.
Regardless, there will be free drinks provided (pop / water).

Let me know if you can make it!

Mike