Extending Python Questions .....

Ben bnsilinux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:43:35 EST 2009

On Feb 24, 11:31 am, Nick Craig-Wood <n... at craig-wood.com> wrote:
> Ben <bnsili... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  No, It uses the the S-lang for video, and input control. However, SLAG
> >  is more of an abstract layer on top of that.
>
> >  It has a Structures that contains menus and screens (menumodule /
> >  screenmodule). One LOADS them up with parameters.  such as creating
> >  a new menu is like:
>
> >  OpenMenu( Company name, SubSystem, this program name, mode, bottom
> >  status display) - Create initial menu structure Addtomenu(Menu
> >  Block Set name, DISPLAY line, ID, type of program, password ID ) -
> >  add to / update MENU blocks.  runMenu() - Displays the whole create
> >  menu structure.
>
> >  The Menu structure is done in pull downs and scrollable blocks in a
> >  TUI (text User Interface) and using the S-lang screen library is
> >  fully mouseable.
>
> >  The screen module works mych the same way, but with the abiltity to
> >  open and close and work within "Sub Screens".
>
> >  For those who do not know, S-lang is a interpreted language much
> >  like Python. However, there is s direth of library modules. The
> >  original S-lang started out as library of screen of keyboard
> >  modules, but has been expanded
>
> >  My SLAG project does not care in reality WHICH or what language, it
> >  is simply handling menu and screen control.
>
> So do you want to embed python into your code?
>
> I'm still not clear what you are trying to achieve with python, though
> I have a better idea what SLAG is now!
>
> --
> Nick Craig-Wood <n... at craig-wood.com> --http://www.craig-wood.com/nick

Actually no, I want to EXTEND python using the lower levels of S-lang
screen modules.

My Modules are written in C and are a frame work for building pull-
down menus and data entry screens.

Very nice for writing business applications. Think along the lines of
FoxPro and/or the
"Screen" section in Cobol and you have a pretty good idea of what i
have done.