Convert PySerial to python 3.0

Seth king.seth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:07:51 EST 2009

I tried all three ways you guys listed nothing seems to convert the
string to bytes.

It may have to do with the makeDeviceName function, but I can't find
where that is defined.

Any thoughts??

Here is the whole block of code:

if type(port) in (str, bytes):       #strings are taken directly
Originally:     if type(port) in [type(''), type(u'')]
                self.portstr = port
            else:
                self.portstr = self.makeDeviceName(port)