what does this mean....?

zaheer.agadi at gmail.com zaheer.agadi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:44:28 EST 2009

On Feb 28, 10:50 am, "Rhodri James" <rho... at wildebst.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 05:17:41 -0000, <zaheer.ag... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to download a file from the server, I am getting this
> > error,what does this mean
>
> >    localFile = open(localFileName, 'wb')
> > TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, type found
>
> The rest of the traceback and enough of your code to make sense of
> it would have helped.  Without context, my best guess is that
> "localFileName" isn't actually a string.
>
> --
> Rhodri James *-* Wildebeeste Herder to the Masses

Ohh thats my bad, I was actually  passing  a file type instead of
string,thanks a lot .
One question off the topic.,
How to create a .pyz file. I have python project that has some modules
in it , I want to create a zip file so that I can use it as we use
java jar file
Like I want to do a
mypyFiles.pyz --sendFile C:\\testFile
I currently have a module that does this when run as single python
module, but I want to do same this using a zip file which will  have
some other modules within it.

Any help..?

Thanks