OTish: convince the team to drop VBScript

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sat Feb 28 15:19:36 EST 2009

"Christian R." <pafboing at gmail.com> wrote:
> The company does use Python on rare occasions. It all comes down to
> the prejudices and habits of one of the programmers. His only argument
> I can't counter -because I don't see the problem- is that "Python
> modules cause problems for updates to customer's installations".

You don't really need arguments so much as you need negotiation, people
management and (ugh) political skills, I think.  Your task is to overcome
his prejudices, and you aren't going to do that with arguments, no matter
how good.

IMO the first thing you ought to do is dig in, really listen, and find
out what his issue is with module distribution.

Listening well is your most powerful asset.  Overcome your own prejudices
first, and his may follow :)

--RDM