Bug report: ClientForm

MRAB google at mrabarnett.plus.com
Sat Feb 28 18:42:10 EST 2009

Muddy Coder wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> As directed, I got ClientForm and played with it. It is cool! However,
> I also found a bug:
>
> When it parses a form, if the VALUE of a field has not space, it works
> very well. For example, if a dropdown list, there many options, such
> as:
>
> <option value=foo> ....
>
> the value foo will be picked up for sure. But, if there is a space:
>
> <option value=foo bar> .....

Values should be quoted, although you can omit the quotes if there
aren't any spaces in the string:

     <option value="foo bar">

You can see examples at http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/

     <input type="checkbox" name="control2" value="foo" id="cbe1">

As you can see, whitespace separates the name=value pairs.

> The *bar* will be missed out. I wish this bug can be fixed in near
> future.

It's not a bug.