OTish: convince the team to drop VBScript

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 20:35:07 EST 2009

Christian R. wrote:
> The company does use Python on rare occasions. It all comes down to
> the prejudices and habits of one of the programmers. His only argument
> I can't counter -because I don't see the problem- is that "Python
> modules cause problems for updates to customer's installations".

Next time you talk to him, when he say that again, interrupt him, and
say: "[citation needed]" (don't forget the parentheses).

I don't really see any reason why "python modules would cause problem
for updating customer's installations", and I can't find anything on
Google that mentioned any problem. However, I do know that upgrading
python modules is easier than upgrading most other language's
libraries[citation needed].