"Super()" confusion

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:52:37 EST 2009

On Feb 10, 9:19 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> You really should push them to be included in python.org, even in their
> unfinished form. (At least a link in the wiki pages). Their visibility is
> almost null now.

It looks like I made an unfortunate choice with the
title ("Things to Know about Super"). I have just changed
it to "Things to Know about *Python* Super" so that now
googling for "python super" should hopefully find them.

I agree that the real solution would be to publish on python.org, but
for that I have to write yet another paper about Python 3.0 super, cut
things about old version/bugs of Python, re-read the whole beast, and
convince the core developers to publish it (which is not automatic).
That is some work, and I have many other projects going on right now.
Truth is, discussions about super do not come out so often, and most
people don't care.

> They're very clearly written - I wish you had published them years ago!

Me too, but you know what happens when working for free and without
deadlines ;)

> again, you really should publish the
> series in a more prominent place.

Soon or later I will go back to super in Python 3.0, but now I am
working on my Scheme series, I have yet to translate two articles of
my "Mixins considered harmful" series, and I have at least two other
articles which has been waiting publication for more than one year.
Plus, I have a full time job ;)
But if you and others keep bugging me something may happen ...

               Michele Simionato