Is there something easier than ORM?

一首诗 newptcai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:15:33 EST 2009

Thanks for your reply.

With sqlalchemy, an mapped must living in a session, you have no way
to disconnect it with its session.

For example :

#-------------------------------------
user = session.query(User).first()
session.expunge(user)
print user.name   #Error here

I just want to get an read-only copy of user disconnected with session
to avoid  unexpected database operation.
But after expunge, properties of user is not accessible anymore.

BTW : why you choose elixir instead of sqlalchemy's own schema
definition style?
Doesn't including another library means more chances of bugs?