Proposed implementation for an Ordered Dictionary

Paul Rubin http
Thu Feb 26 19:05:35 EST 2009

Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> writes:
> > What about using a second dictionary
> My first attempt used exactly that approach and it works fine
> though it does complicate the code quite a bit and slows down
> all of the common operations by a constant factor.

Ehh, I guess I'm not surprised at the slowdown and extra complexity
from the second dict.  Oh well.  If the module really turns out to be
really used a lot, another (messy) approach would be to write a C
extension that uses a doubly linked list some day.