OTish: convince the team to drop VBScript

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:09:03 EST 2009

On Feb 28, 7:10 pm, Shane Geiger <sgei... at councilforeconed.org> wrote:
> >> The company does use Python on rare occasions. It all comes down to
> >> the prejudices and habits of one of the programmers. His only argument
> >> I can't counter -because I don't see the problem- is that "Python
> >> modules cause problems for updates to customer's installations".
>
> This is purely an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy.

I don't think it's an argument at all.  The guy probably had something
more specific in mind but didn't express himself well, and it might
have even been a real issue.  Python is not, unfortunately, the
easiest language to deploy applications in.

I don't think there is any deployment difficulty so great that I would
ever chose VBscript, but opinions might differ.

Carl Banks