Videocapture in python

David david at
Thu Jan 1 16:23:04 CET 2009

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 04:28:21 -0800, koranthala wrote:
>> Please let me know if you need any more information.
> Where does `` coming from?  It's not part of the standard
> library.  And which operating system are we talking about?
> Ciao,
> 	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
> --
Hope this is not off topic, I am new to python. I use linux and use the
subprocess module, feel free to point out my noviceness;

import subprocess

def take_shot_func():
     streamer = "/usr/bin/streamer"
     s_arg1 = "-c"
     s_device = "/dev/video0"
     s_arg2 = "-b"
     s_rate = "16"
     s_arg3 = "-o"
     save_to = "/tmp/camshot.jpeg"

     print "Taking picture with webcam and saved to /tmp/camshot.jpeg"[streamer, s_arg1, s_device, s_arg2,
         s_rate, s_arg3, save_to])

def main():

if __name__ == "__main__":