Why not Ruby?

Stanisław Halik sthalik at test123.ltd.pl
Thu Jan 1 12:34:51 EST 2009

In comp.lang.lisp r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Face it, the world needs people like Xah. Go check out his site, his
> insights of languages and tech is fascinating. The man lives in a
> world driven by common sense, and you know what they say --"Common
> sense is the least most common thing"-- just look around at the
Might hold true for some rants, but most of it's tl;dr drivel. For
instance, his critique of Lisp's homoiconicity is completely off-target.

> I come from a different world than IT, and I thought initially the IT
> world would be filled with intelligent, free thinking, and open minded
> people... BOY was i wrong! I would not turn my back on these people
> for a second, lest you catch a knife in it!
So-called "IT" is driven by capitalistic impulses. Dijkstra and his
followers get dismissed as ivory tower intellectuals.

FUT warning.

--
You only have power over people so long as you don’t take everything
away from them. But when you’ve robbed a man of everything he’s no longer