Why not Ruby?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 02:38:02 CET 2009

On Jan 1, 6:16 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 12:32:53 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:
> > On many occasions I've wished for a functional dictionary implementation
> > in Python, like Haskell's Data.Map.  One of these years I'll get around
> > to writing one.
> You don't think Python's dict implementation is functional? That's pretty
> strange, Python dicts are the basis of much of the language. They
> certainly work, and work well, what makes you think they aren't
> functional? What does Data.Map do that dicts don't?
> Oh, and Paul, you've been around long enough that you should know better
> than to be cross-posting like you did.
> --
> Steven

He was not cross posting. His reference to python dicts is a result of
the nested scope of my references to Xah. Making them perfectly and
completely valid in this thread, and the scope therein! I do not
believe a linear conversation would do anybody any good here and even