Please show some restraint (Was: Why not Ruby?)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Jan 2 11:14:33 EST 2009

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 00:57:06 +0100
Richard Riley <rileyrgdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> You clearly have a personal issue with Xah Lee. Possibly it is better
> you killfile him or your spring will over wind :-;

What good does a killfile do if people insist on repeating his posts in
their entirety?

Please people, try to resist the urge to reply to every post that
raises your blood pressure a point or two but if you must reply, please
trim.  Anyone can always go back and review a previous message if they
need more context.  Heck, we can even review messages posted by people
in our killfile.

Personally, if I can't see your reply without scrolling down I just
tend to hit the delete key.  That means that thanks to you non-trimmers
I get to read Xah posts over and over but never get to see your witty,
entertaining and educational replies.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves