If your were going to program a game...

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 13:19:50 EST 2009

On Jan 2, 6:16 pm, Jean-Paul Calderone <exar... at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:44:55 -0800 (PST), Fuzzyman <fuzzy... at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Ever see chess.com?
>
> >> I don't know what they're using in the backend, but the client is
> >> entirely javascript.
>
> >> You could probably roll your own python javascript compiler to suit your
> >> needs. It could probably even build up your own DSL for writing these
> >> games.
>
> >> It's a worthwhile project and I think there might be support for it from
> >> other developers.
>
> >There's a project called Pyjamas, and PyPy also has a Python to
> >Javascript compiler.
>
> No, PyPy includes an RPython to JavaScript compiler.  RPython and Python are
> different languages.

Well valid RPython is valid Python - so different for some value of
different...

The advantage of PyPy is that it even does things like turn runtime
exceptions into Python exceptions, so it should be much easier to
debug. It is much more 'heavyweight' though.

Michael Foord
--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/