Which SOAP module?

Ralf Schoenian ralf at schoenian-online.de
Sun Jan 4 10:41:40 EST 2009

Roy Smith wrote:
> I'm starting to play with SOAP.  The zeroth question that needs
> answering is, "Which SOAP module should I use?"  There seem to be a
> number of different ones to pick from.  Any suggestions?

It depends on whether you want to write a client or a server
application. If you only want to write a client I found suds (
https://fedorahosted.org/suds/ ) very helpful. It is actively developed
and the documentation is comprehensive. Well, for the server I think you
have to rely on the ZSI (http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/)
  project. In retrospect my first steps in this library were rather
painful but som year ago it was the most sophisticated library.

Regards,
Ralf