Python3

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:39:44 EST 2009

On Jan 4, 4:23 pm, s... at pobox.com wrote:
>     alexus> I wanted to try out new Python 3 on my system, so I did "make
>     alexus> fullinstall" and now as promised it broke every single program
>     alexus> there is that runs on my system that depends on Python.
>
>     alexus> is there a way to undo that? I've tried re-installing Python 2,
>     alexus> yet that didn't help me at all.
>
> The install targets for Python 3 explicitly don't create a symlink named
> "python", so it's not obvious how you might have obliterated your Python 2
> installation.  You didn't provide any information about your environment
> (Windows?  Linux?  Mac?  Was Python 2 provided by your OS vendor or
> installed by you?)
>
> --
> Skip Montanaro - s... at pobox.com -http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/

sorry, for not providing all information at the first place, here it
is:

enviroment: FreeBSD j.jothost.com 7.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-
p7 #6: Wed Dec 24 15:58:06 EST 2008     alexus at j.jothost.com:/usr/obj/
usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I installed both of Python 2 and Python 3 via source code (compile
them myself)