[email/quoprimime.py] AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'lstrip'

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Mon Jan 5 02:15:38 EST 2009

Hello

	I successfully use the email package to send e-mail from Python
scripts, but this script fails when I fetch addresses from an SQLite
database where data is Unicode-encoded:

======
from email.MIMEText import MIMEText
import smtplib,sys
import apsw

connection=apsw.Connection("test.sqlite")
cursor=connection.cursor()

subject = "My subject"
f = open("message.txt", "r")
message = f.read()
f.close()

msg = MIMEText(message)

msg['Subject'] = subject
>From = "me at acme.com"
msg['From'] = From

server = smtplib.SMTP("smtp.acme.com")

sql="SELECT email FROM people WHERE email IS NOT NULL"
rows=list(cursor.execute(sql))
for email in rows:
	To = email
	msg['To'] = email

	#print To
	#(u'dummy at acme.com',)

	#AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
	#server.sendmail(From,[To],msg.as_string())

server.quit

connection.close(True)
======

Does someone know what is wrong with the above? Does email choke on
Unicode?

Thank you.