What would you like to see in a book about Matplotlib?

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:57:48 EST 2009

Hello and Happy 2009!

I received the interesting proposal to author a book on Matplotlib,
the powerful 2D plotting library for Python.

While preparing the arguments list, I'd like to hear even your
opinion, because different points-of-view will lead to a better
product.

Some basic question I'd like to ask are:

- what are you using matplotlib for?
- what are the things you like the most of matplotlib, that you want
to give emphasis to? And why?
- what are the (basic) things that, when you were beginning to use
matplotlib, you wanted to see grouped up but couldn't find?
- what would you like to see in a book about matplotlib?
- what are some those advanced feature that made you yell "WOW!!" ?
- what are the things you'd like to explore of matplotlib and never
had time to do?

Your suggestions are really appreciated :) And wish me good luck!