Extending Python with C or C++

Ralf Schoenian ralf at schoenian-online.de
Mon Jan 5 15:28:28 EST 2009

Ryan wrote:
> I've been using Python for many years now. It's a wonderful language
> that I enjoy using everyday. I'm now interested in getting to know
> more about the guts (C/C++) and extending it. But, extending python
> still seems like a black art to me. Is there anymore docs or info on
> extending it besides the standard sparse ones (http://www.python.org/
> doc/2.5.2/ext/intro.html) that may give me more insight? Is there a
> class available? How can I learn more about the guts of python? How
> would one go about following an interest in contributing to the
> development of python.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan

It is not exactly what you are looking for but nevertheless I am
thinking the  article "Automatic C Library Wrapping -- Ctypes from the
Trenches" may be interesting for you. You can find it in the latest
Python Papers issue or simply following the link:
http://ojs.pythonpapers.org/index.php/tpp/article/view/71

Regards,
Ralf