Code Review request for the trash-cli project

Steven D'Aprano steven at
Wed Jan 7 00:18:39 CET 2009

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:30:19 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I don't know about the code, but would there be a reason _not_ to alias
> rm, rmdir to this program? I see that it is GPL, so this would be a
> great addition to any Linux distro.

I sure as hell don't want rm to move files to the trash. If I rm
something, I want it *gone*.

I do want a *different* command for moving files to the trash. But
absolutely not rm.

Of course, if anyone wants to alias rm in their own shell, they're
welcome to. That's what the alias command is for.