An idea of how to identify Israeli owned software companies

Terje fake at usenet.no
Wed Jan 7 09:45:18 EST 2009

Is there a web service/API out there identifying Israel owned
software/software companies/web sites/web services? If I am about to buy
a piece of software, but don't want to support the Israeli economy, it
would have been handy if I could just poll a web service to get the
answer. This information should be kept in a database, and be public to
the world through a very simple xml API, something along these lines:

Request:
<nameOfCompany>Some Company Name</nameOfCompany>

Response:
<isIsraeliOwned>true</isIsraeliOwned>

Here's one source for this kind of information (I am sure there are
plenty others):
http://www.science.co.il/SoftwareCo.asp

Of course, a web service like this would be equally useful to those who
want to support Israeli companies.