How to get millisec/fractional seconds out of a time object ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 7 14:10:58 EST 2009

On 2009-01-06 22:34, David at bag.python.org wrote:
> Thanks for help to a beginner.
>
> script23
>         import time
>         import datetime
>         start_time = datetime.datetime.now()
>         time.sleep(0.14)
>         end_time = datetime.datetime.now()
>         datetime.timedelta = end_time - start_time
>         print(datetime.timedelta)    #  works, prints 0:00:0.141000
>         print(datetime.timedelta.seconds)    #  prints 0
>         print(datetime.timedelta.milliseconds)  # fails
>                               < object has no attribute milliseconds >
>
>    How do I get the 0.141000 out of that or any time object ?
>    On line docs are arcane to a novice.

If you're only interested in the fractional seconds part, you're
much better off with doing:

import time
start_time = time.time()
end_time = time.time()
delta_seconds = end_time - start_time
delta_milliseconds = delta_seconds * 1000

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 07 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/