Unexpected scientific notation

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Wed Jan 7 20:00:07 EST 2009

One of my users has reported that my app is giving them scientific notation instead
of decimal notation for one specific value among many that display properly. I am
unable to reproduce on my end, and this is the first I've heard of anything like this
since the app's launch 2 years ago.

The app bundles python 2.5.2 using py2exe.

It displays '3E+1' instead of '30.0'.

As I can't reproduce I'm looking for an idea brainstorm of what could be causing
this. What would be choosing to display such a normal number in scientific notation?

Ideas?

Paul