cPickle vs pickle discrepancy

Zac Burns zac256 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:27:45 EST 2009

Thanks for your patience waiting for me to isolate the problem.

| Package
--__init__.py ->empty
--Package.py ->empty
--Module.py
     import cPickle
     class C(object):
        pass
     def fail():
        return cPickle.dumps(C(), -1)

import Package.Module
Package.Module.fail()

The failure seems to happen because pickle correctly does an absolute
import and cPickle incorrectly relatively imports Package.py and fails
to find Module underneath.

The package and the module named package was because in there was a
main class defined with the same name as the package in that file and
Module.py contained support code for the package.

-Zac

--
Zachary Burns
(407)590-4814