Python Apache Handler

Scooter slbentley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 09:36:46 EST 2009

Does anyone have any good examples, or links thereto for using python
as an Apache handler? And I should qualify all of this by saying I'm a
python newbie, and while having experience with Apache, I've never
done anything outside whats "in the box" .

What I'm looking for is how one might use Python not from the CGI/
presentation side but more on the backend...i.e. for each page Apache
serves up examine the request and update some headers, or add a cookie
to the response. Or possibly use Python for writing a custom Apache
logger. I've searched the web but typically end up with pages for
mod_python and writing CGI scripts.

And if you feel this is better posted in an Apache group vs. here, let
me apologize up front.

Thanks