BadZipfile "file is not a zip file"

webcomm ryandw at
Fri Jan 9 17:58:14 CET 2009

On Jan 9, 10:14 am, "Chris Mellon" <arka... at> wrote:
> This is a ticket about another issue or 2 with invalid zipfiles that
> the zipfile module won't load, but that other tools will compensate
> for:

Looks like I just need to do this to unzip with unix...

from os import popen

That works for me.  No idea why I didn't think of that earlier.  I'm
new to python but should have realized I could run unix commands with
python.  I had blinders on.  Now I just need to get rid of some bad
characters in the unzipped file.  I'll start a new thread if I need
help with that...