Egg deinstallation

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Mon Jan 12 19:47:20 EST 2009

On Jan 12, 9:36 am, mk <mrk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I googled and googled and can't seem to find the definitive answer: how
> to *properly* deinstall egg? Just delete the folder and/or .py and .pyc
> files from Lib/site-packages? Would that break anything in Python
> installation or not?
>
> Regards,
> mk

You might find a tool like VirtualEnv (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/
virtualenv/1.3.2) useful.  It allows you to create a localized sandbox
such that you don't stomp all over your system installation or require
elevated privileges.  It's good for development or toying with
different eggs.  When you're done, simply blow away the environment.
I've used it for just about everything over the past few months, it's
a wonderful tool.

Jeff