[ANN] The Python Papers Volume 3 Issue 3

mauriceling@acm.org mauriceling at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:47:34 EST 2009

Hi everyone

First of all, let me apologize for the delay of this issue of TPP. I
understand that all of you had been anxiously waiting and I do
sincerely apologize that Christmas and New Year celebrations are
taking a toll on my time.

Finally, here it is... Volume 3 Issue 3... And we are THIRD year in
business.

As usual, the issue can be found at http://ojs.pythonpapers.org/index.php/tpp/issue/current

The 1-PDF per issue will be released shortly.

Let me also take this opportunity to show our deep felt appreciation
to all our supporters/readers and contributors. Without you, we will
not have our day to serve the community.

At this moment, I will also like to announce our new publication
schedule - there will not be any!!! Oppss, that did not come out
right...

What I am trying to say is that from Volume 4 Issue 1 onwards, we will
adopt the "fast publishing" method that many journals are using. We
will be releasing each article out to the public as they are being
accepted but each issue will be delimited by our usual “issue release”
date. The “issue release” date is then our cutoff deadline to prepare
the 1-PDF per issue file. This means that we will be serving new
articles to everyone much faster than now and there will not be
anymore meaningful publication schedules.

Hence, let's gear up to another year of exciting Python development
and a recovering economy.

Happy reading
Maurice Ling
Co-EIC, The Python Papers Anthology