Scheduled Tasks - SetFlags

kj7ny kj7ny at nakore.com
Mon Jan 12 21:19:29 EST 2009

How do I enable/disable a scheduled task using Python?

I can get to a task:

        self.ts=pythoncom.CoCreateInstance
(taskscheduler.CLSID_CTaskScheduler,None,pythoncom.CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,taskscheduler.IID_ITaskScheduler)
        self.ts.SetTargetComputer(u'\\\\SomeServer')
        self.tasks=self.ts.Enum()
        for task in self.tasks:
            self.t=self.ts.Activate(task)
            if self.t.GetAccountInformation().lower().find('SomeUser')
>=0:
                print self.t.GetFlags()

I can find if a task is enabled or not and toggle it:

                disabled=self.t.GetFlags() &
taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED == taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED
                print 'Originally Disabled: %s'%(disabled,)
                if disabled:
                    self.t.SetFlags(self.t.GetFlags() &
~taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED)
                else:
                    self.t.SetFlags(self.t.GetFlags() |
taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED)
                disabled=self.t.GetFlags() &
taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED == taskscheduler.TASK_FLAG_DISABLED
                print 'Recheck Disabled: %s'%(disabled,)

... "Recheck Disabled" shows that the value "says" it has been
disabled.

The problem is that if I run it again and again, "Originally Disabled"
is always the same.  In other words, "Recheck Disabled" does NOT
stick.  It's like I'm missing a .commit()

For example:

First run ...
8388
Originally Disabled: True
Recheck Disabled: False

Second run ...
8388
Originally Disabled: True
Recheck Disabled: False

How do I disable and enable a scheduled task in Windows using python?