urllib2 - 403 that _should_ not occur.

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:42:47 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 1:33 am, Philip Semanchuk <phi... at semanchuk.com> wrote:
> I don't think I understand you clearly. Whether or not Google et al
> whitelist the Python UA isn't a Python issue, is it?

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply :)

I imagine it's something akin to Firefox's 'Report broken website':
evangelism.

IMHO, if the PSF *cough* Steve *cough*  or individual Python hackers
can contact key sites (as Wikipedia, groups.google, etc.) the issue
can be solved sooner.

Instead of waiting for each whitelist maintainer's to find out we have
a new UA, go out and tell them. A template for such requests could
help those inside e.g. Google to bring the issue to the attention of
the whitelist admins. The community has lots of connections that could
be useful to pass the message along, if only 'led by the nose' to
achieve that :)

Hence, the suggestion to raise a bug.

Regards,
Daniel