[ANN] SWIG 1.3.37

Haoyu Bai divinekid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:43:12 EST 2009

This is the SWIG with Python 3.0 support! :)

*** ANNOUNCE: SWIG 1.3.37 (13 January 2009) ***

http://www.swig.org

We're pleased to announce SWIG-1.3.37, the latest installment in the
SWIG development effort.  SWIG-1.3.37 includes a number of bug fixes
and enhancements.

What is SWIG?
-------------

SWIG is a software development tool that reads C/C++ header files and
generates the wrapper code needed to make C and C++ code accessible
from other languages including Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, Java,
Scheme (Guile, MzScheme, CHICKEN), Ocaml, Lua, Pike, C#, Modula-3,
Octave, R,
Common Lisp (CLISP, Allegro CL, CFFI, UFFI). SWIG can also export its parse
tree in the form of XML and Lisp s-expressions.  Major applications of
SWIG include generation of scripting language extension modules, rapid
prototyping, testing, and user interface development for large C/C++
systems.

Availability:
-------------
The release is available for download on Sourceforge at

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swig/swig-1.3.37.tar.gz

A Windows version is also available at

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swig/swigwin-1.3.37.zip

What's New?
===========

SWIG-1.3.37 summary:
- Python 3 support added
- SWIG now ships with a version of ccache that can be used with SWIG.
 This enables the files generated by SWIG to be cached so that repeated
 use of SWIG on unchanged input files speeds up builds quite considerably.
- PHP 4 support removed and PHP support improved in general
- Improved C# array support
- Numerous Allegro CL improvements
- Bug fixes/enhancements for Python, PHP, Java, C#, Chicken, Allegro CL,
 CFFI, Ruby, Tcl, Perl, R, Lua.
- Other minor generic bug fixes and enhancements

Release numbers
---------------
With SWIG-1.3, we are adopting an odd/even version numbering scheme for
SWIG.  Odd version numbers (1.3, 1.5, 1.7, etc...) are considered to
be development releases.  Even numbers (1.4,1.6,1.8) are stable
releases.  The current 1.3 effort is working to produce a stable 2.0
release.  A stable 2.0 release will not be made until it can
accompanied by fully updated documentation.  In the meantime, we will
continue to make periodic 1.3.x releases.

Please report problems with this release to the swig-dev mailing list,
details at http://www.swig.org/mail.html.

--- The SWIG Developers