MySQLdb LIKE '%%%s%%' problem

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Jan 14 06:08:30 EST 2009

On Jan 14, 9:22 pm, gumbah <joost.ruy... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aahh the conn.commit() DID the trick!!
>
> I tried that before, but then it failed at another point. I got it
> working now! Thanks a lot Peter and John!!

For the benefit of future searchers, can you please tell us which
varieties of cursor.execute() it works on -- copy/paste the code that
was run, please, rather than some possibly vague/ambiguous
narrative :-)
and do please try it using a parameterised method ("trial 2"), because
that's much more prefereable to build-your-own SQL ("trial 1") if both
work.

Cheers,
John