can someone tell me why this doesn't work please python 3

Wed Jan 14 12:57:28 EST 2009

Gary M. Josack wrote:
> Ben Kaplan wrote:
>>> Well since you didn't give an error I'm going to assume your problems
>>> are as follows:
>>> * Use raw_input() instead of input() # input evals the input received.
>>> * pass prompt as the argument to raw_input so that your prompt gets
>>> set # might want to give prompt a default value
>>> * password.lower() so Y, YE, YES, N, NO, NOPE also work for input
>> Did you miss the python 3 part? Raw_input was removed and input now
>> behaves like raw_input did in 2.x
> Ah, yes. Subject got truncated on my little laptop screen. Either way,
> more information is needed to diagnose the problem.

It is a bad idea to have post content exclusively in the headers.
Readers sometimes select by subject, but only read content.
However the answer the OP is looking for with his ill-formed
question could be revealed if his final print were:
         print('%s on reply %r' % (complaint, password))
He'd realize he wanted:
     password = input(prompt).rstrip()

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org