LGPL license for Qt 4.5

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:37:16 EST 2009

On Jan 14, 6:57 am, sturlamolden <sturlamol... at yahoo.no> wrote:
> According to a Norwegian publication, Nokia will release Qt under LGPL
> as of version 4.5.
>
> If I had stocks in Riverbank Computing ltd., I would sell them now...
>
> For the rest of us, this is fantastic news.
>
> http://digi.no/php/art.php?id=800922

Is Nokia the making the full Qt toolkit LGPL, or just the parts that
were previously GPL?  (Can't read Norwegian if it's in the article.)
If it's the former Rivebank Computing will be ok, they might even sell
more support contracts this way since companies are more likely to use
LGPL than GPL software.

Carl Banks