Suggested improvements for IDLE (non-official)

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:12:09 EST 2009

On Jan 14, 4:43 pm, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
[snip]
> I think the 'main' IDLE maintainer is no longer active.  I think someone
> who would do more than fix critical bugs might be welcome.

Hello Terry,
That's what i was beginning to think. I am not quite ready (as far as
my skills are concerned) to put out something that would be as useful
to many people. I could hack together something real quick for myself.
This is why i am looking for like-minded people who would be
interested in this. I have the foresight and willpower at this point
to contribute something meaningful to the Python community -- to give
back.

OFF-TOPIC:(but related)
What is the state of Tkinter at this point. Is an active effort under
way to port TK 8.5 into Python? Tkinter and IDLE are very important to
Python, but i understand there are much more important areas where the
GURU's are concentrating. Should there be a calling for "others" to
get involved here? I would like to help out.
Thanks