SOAPpy under Python 2.6

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jan 15 00:32:47 EST 2009

leith at leithalweapon.geek.nz wrote:
> I am having problems with SOAPpy after we upgraded to Python 2.6
>
> Here is the exception I keep getting:
>
>   File "C:\Dev\Phoenix\SAPI.py", line 2561, in getSystemInfo
>     obj = self.soapProxy.getSystemInfo()
>   File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 470, in
> __call__
>     return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
>   File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 492, in
> __r_call
>     self.__hd, self.__ma)
>   File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 363, in
> __call
>     config = self.config)
> TypeError: call() got multiple values for keyword argument 'encoding'
>
> Could some please help me with this?
>
> I don't have the faintest idea what the exception is on about and
> SOAPpy\Client.py is very hard to follow.

As for the error:
IDLE 3.0
 >>> def f(a): pass

 >>> f(a=2,a=3)
SyntaxError: keyword argument repeated (<pyshell#2>, line 1)
 >>> f(2,a=3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
     f(2,a=3)
TypeError: f() got multiple values for keyword argument 'a'

I therefore suspect that this line
   return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
gave 'encoding' both positionally in args and nominally in kw.

But then I would expect that to be the end of the traceback.