Wx broken?

tmallen thomasmallen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:46:30 EST 2009

I've tried a few of the examples from http://wiki.wxpython.org/Getting%20Started
, but after "Hello World" (window) nothing works. I get the following
error message with the other examples:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/MyUserName/Desktop/WxExample.py",
line 1, in <module>
    import wx
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx
\__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py",
line 6, in <module>
    new_instancemethod = new.instancemethod
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'instancemethod'

Here's a snippet that generates this error:
http://pastebin.com/m2b4f4f9c

For those familiar with wx here, is this a bug in the library, or
should I be providing "instancemethod" at some point? Seeing that it's
an unhandled exception, I do expect the former.

Thanks,
Thomas