Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sat Jan 17 15:00:19 EST 2009

Russ P. a écrit :
> On Jan 16, 5:22 am, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> Russ P. wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I spent *way* too much time on that post. I really need to quit
>>> spending my time refuting the baloney that passes for wisdom here.
>> He who cannot ignore baloney is doomed to refute it.
>>

> Yeah, and I should really learn to leave off those little zingers. If
> Mr. D weren't obviously an intelligent person and a Python expert, I
> wouldn't care what he writes. I just think that he, along with a few
> others here, love Python so much that they refuse to recognize its
> limitations. It's an easy trap to fall into.

Python surely has lot of limitations (and quirks and whatever). The
point is that not having language-enforced access restrictions is *not*
a limitation - because it's *not* the right way to solve the problems
you are (very rightfully) concerned with. No technology can solve
*human* problems. Anyone trying to make you believe otherwise is selling
you snake oil. Once again, there's quite a lot to learn from the story
of Ariane 5.