Socket issues

twistedduck9 at
Sat Jan 17 21:16:59 CET 2009

Hi all

I've been trying to set up sockets on my server (running Apache/2.2.3)
using python and I'm confused as to why it doesn't work.

I set up a simple listening script which runs without error, and works
if a connecting script is run on the same server. However, if I try to
connect using Telnet it doesn't work. I am definetly using the public
IP address (

The weird thing is that I have the same problem if I make the socket
in PHP, and even more weird is that sockets used to work, but now do
not (and as far as I can tell, I have changed nothing).

Any ideas?